Terms & Conditions
Terms & condition of user of the RVHS website, including copyright of images and text.
Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of the Rainier Valley Historical Society website image, text files, and data are subject to the following terms and conditions:
Rainier Valley Historical Society (RVHS) has created and maintains the RVHS website in order to provide educational and collection information and resources to the public. By using the RVHS website and its content, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms, which RVHS may change at any time.
The Rainier Valley Historical Society Website is Proprietary to RVHS
All of the text, images, marks, logo marks, and other content of the RVHS website (Site Content) are proprietary to Rainier Valley Historical Society or used consistent with the owner's permission or applicable law or regulation. Rainier Valley Historical Society authorizes you to view, download and print the Site Content subject to the following conditions:
- You must adhere to any and all additional terms or restrictions provided within individual sections of the website relating to particular Site Content;
- Unless otherwise restricted, you may only do so for your own personal and noncommercial use, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws;
- Downloading Site Content for commercial use is prohibited;
- Downloading or other use of Site Content for non-commercial websites is subject to review and approval by Rainier Valley Historical Society, provided your site takes no advertising and has no commercial sponsors, does not charge a fee for services, and does not offer any product or service for sale including your own works. Requests for non-commercial website use should be directed to email@example.com;
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices, including, without limitation, attribution information, credits, and copyright notices, that have been placed in or near the Site Content by Rainier Valley Historical Society;
- You may not modify the Site Content; and
- Any displays or printouts of the Site Content must be marked "© [insert year of display or printout] Rainier Valley Historical Society. All rights reserved."
- All parties downloading, printing or using the Site Content in any manner, represent and warrant that their use will be consistent with these terms and conditions, and that they will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract with or legal duty to any other parties.
Permissions and Requests for Images and Other Site Content
Except as expressly permitted above, reproduction or redistribution of the Site Content or any portion of the Site Content is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of Rainier Valley Historical Society.
To request permission to use or reproduce images of manuscripts, photographs, films, objects, publications, and other material from Rainier Valley Historical Society collections, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rainier Valley Historical Society does not distribute or permit reproduction of website text, video, or non-collection images except as expressly permitted above.
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Rainier Valley Historical Society makes no representation of any kind regarding the Site Content or any portion thereof. All Site Content is provided in "AS IS" condition and Rainier Valley Historical Society expressly disclaims any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use.
Rainier Valley Historical Society is committed to protecting the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of its collection donors, creators, and others. Rainier Valley Historical Society has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all reproductions on this website are produced according to applicable laws. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the materials on this site may subsist in individuals and entities other than Rainier Valley Historical Society. You hereby acknowledge and agree that, subject to valid third-party rights, Rainier Valley Historical Society retains all intellectual property rights, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, and other proprietary rights, in and to the texts, images, marks, data, and all other content contained in this website (collectively: Materials). Rainier Valley Historical Society expressly prohibits the reproduction, distribution, transmission, sale, transfer, creation of derivative works, modification, public display, public performance, publication or any commercial exploitation of any Materials on this website, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright laws, and as described in the following sections.
Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, and exploitation of the materials is not permitted. Anyone wishing to use any of the materials for any purpose other than fair use as defined by US copyright law must request and receive prior written permission from Rainier Valley Historical Society. Rainier Valley Historical Society reviews all written requests, and permission may be granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Rainier Valley Historical Society. A usage fee may be involved depending on the type and nature of the proposed use. Any use of the Materials that does not qualify as fair use is subject to prior written approval from Rainier Valley Historical Society, and the user must request and receive such approval prior to any use.