History of neighborhood groceries
History of Columbia City's "Dry" years.
History of parades and festivals in the Rainier Valley
History of Roy Olmstead, Seattle's "Rum King" and Mount Baker resident.
The “Big Rock” at 48th Ave. S and S. Ferdinand St. was once the meeting place for Valley Residents.
History of Columbia Mill
Franklin High School Band plays at the dedication of Snoqualmie Ski Bowl, 1938
The streetcar once ran along Genessee and up 50th Avenue South.
Article about the Modern Woodmen of America drill team
History of Bill Phalen's Parade
History of Lumber Industry in Rainier Valley
Italian American Mary Vacca and Italian POW Mike Prontera fell in love during World War Two.
A White woman married to an African American man searches for the perfect sweet potato pie recipe.
A history of Hitt's Fireworks Company
Claude McNabb, center, and Florence McNabb, just to the left, at the Columbia Electric Bakery in 1941 after the fire. Photo courtesy: Erika Richardson.
Hillman Fire Station’s Engine 28, a 1924 Seagrave 800 GPM pumper, was the first to respond to the 4/14/1941 fire. Photo courtesy: Last Resort Fire Department photo archives.
By Nancy Dulaney
The earliest fraternal lodge hall in Columbia City, the Knights of Pythias Hall in 1909.